Followers

Sunday, 6 December 2015

Catch up post

Back in October when we were on holiday you may remember I went to a class at Scrapbook Magic where I started to decorate a frame to turn into a Christmas countdown.  I did actually get it completed in time to and put up on the wall but forgot to take a photo of it.  Most of the snowflakes, poinsettias, vines, etc where cut out while I was at Scrapbook Magic, but I added the cinnamon sticks, cream berries and stars which were in the potpourri I had changed out a while ago so some recycling done there.  I also collected some pine cones that came from a tree that is by the Dr’s surgery on the green opposite our house.
WP_20151202_006
Below is a photo of all the tags that had been made up until Friday – DH had taken the photo but had forgotten to e-mail it to me so there was no need for explaining myself after all!
WP_20151204_005
I had to go into work yesterday as part of a shift swap but the time went by very quickly.  DH met me after work and we did some food shopping and then called round to see friends on the way home.  By the time we had eaten and watched Strictly I only had a small amount of time to put together yesterday’s tag.  I was too tired to blog yesterday so this is why this is a catch up blog post.
WP_20151206_001
I’ve used a retired SU stamp and die set to create the tag.  The tag shape again I die cut from some scrap board from packaging and covered in a neutral coloured cardstock and then inked it with TH Distress Inks.  The houses were also coloured using Distress Inks.  I was amazed at how quickly it came together and how little brain power it took up, which was just as well as there wasn’t much brain power left by the end of the day LOL!
WP_20151206_002
And here they are altogether on my star which is starting to fill up nicely now – I wonder if I will be able to get all 24 tags on there?
WP_20151206_003
Following on from making my Christmas tree tag on Friday I used the same principal and managed to make ten cards with more torn scraps from the same papers I’d used for the tag.  That has boosted my cards for this year and might now just have enough for the ones that need to be posted soon.  Fingers crossed I will be able to get a few more quick cards made this week which will be hand delivered.

I will be back later with tag 6.

2 comments:

Heather said...

This one is cool too! I'm excited to see what you come up with for the rest of them! Your frame looks awesome too :)

Julie said...

That's brilliant for a fast finish, your tag star is looking delightful.
Love the countdown to Christmas, very nice.