Followers

Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Advent

How did it get so late so soon?” 
― Dr. Seuss

Anna of Mrs Brimble’s blog has put another photo prompt up for December.  I really enjoyed taking part in the October prompts so thought I’d give it another go as I can also include it with my December daily journal which I attempt every year – some more successfully than others – well actually if I complete it this year it would be the first time of succeeding!  To me though it’s all about trying to have fun through the month of December which can at times be stressful.

Now although I have made lots of advent treats for others this year I don’t ever make any or buy any for myself.  So I thought I would create a tag for each day and instead of counting down I would work my way up to advent.

Many years ago I bought two wire stars to be put up in the house but we could never decide where we wanted them so they lay on the top of our wardrobes for quite a while.  This year though I decided it would be nice to put them up in what has now become my craft room (thank you youngest son for moving out LOL).   While I was at work yesterday DH put them up for me – not exactly where I had intended or in the positions I had in mind but I am grateful that they are now on the walls rather than gathering dust on the top of the wardrobes.
DSCF5065
I thought I would hang my tags up on the stars and use them as my advent calendar for this year.  The lighting is terrible today so I haven’t been able to get very good photographs to show you.  As per usual I am trying to use up scraps of paper and embellishments that have been in my stash for quite some time.
DSCF5059

5 comments:

Julie said...

A lovely idea. Looking forward to seeing each day

Mrs A. said...

This is a lovely idea linda and I like your tag No1. Hugs Mrs A.

Lesley said...

A great idea,will enjoy seeing you add to your stars.

Justine said...

What a sweet idea for an advent calendar! I love the little ornament you made.

Heather said...

Cute idea it turned out great :)