Followers

Thursday, 12 November 2015

Try Stampin’ On Tuesday

I am way behind on my Christmas card making this year and still have a tonne of scraps I want to use up.  Time to pull my finger out and get Christmas crafting but Mr Mojo seems to have disappeared.  So I went searching for some challenges I could take part in hoping that I could get some inspiration.  I came across a sweet sketch on the Try Stampin’ On Tuesday blog and finally came up with this card.
DSCF5033
The papers came from a kit I got from Create a Smile recently so technically not entirely scraps – although one of the pieces was left over from another card I had attempted earlier.  The backing cardstock is from SU but I can’t remember what colour it is and the sentiment and ribbon are also from SU – those I can remember the colour is Real Red.  Nothing fancy but I should be able to make a few more of the same design ready to send off at the beginning of next month.

I’ve not been feeling very well this week, just an irritating cough and cold but I thought I’d get my chest checked out just for reassurance.  I also needed to check up on the outcome of a couple of recent hospital appointments so thought I’d kill two birds with one stone so to speak.  Unfortunately the Dr I had been seeing has now left our surgery (quite a few of the good ones have) and I was allocated a new doctor.  On the plus side I don’t have a chest infection which is good, but on the downside with regards to the outcome of the hospital appointments I came out being made to feel I had wasted everybody’s time.   Your tests are negative, there is nothing wrong with you, you don’t need any tablets, just get on with it regardless is what I was told by this Dr.   Now I feel as if I’m a hypochondriac and yet I’ve hardly ever been to a Dr in my life.  Oh well as my blog says SUch is Life.

7 comments:

Julie said...

{hugs} to you Linda, we had a dr like that at our surgery some years back, no one wanted to see him! I hope you are soon feeling much better, there are such a lot of nasty germs about at the moment. Take time to rest inbetween the busy times to give your immune system a chance to fight off anything nasty it has come into contact with.
love and {hugs}
Nice card!

Heather said...

The card looks great! I've felt that way myself with my previous doctor's visit. I don't feel too bad though because my hubby's family seems like they are at the doctor every other day.

Annie said...

Just because the Dr says everything is fine, it doesn't mean that that is actually the case...! We know our own bodies the best, let alone what the professionals say. Hope you feel better soon:)

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Great card! Hope you are feeling better soon! Thank you for stamping along with the Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenge!

Lori said...

I love this pretty Christmas card! Thank you so much for joining us at Try Stampin On Tuesday, and I do hope you are feeling better.

Super Stamp Girl said...

Hi Linda, oh how I really love this combination of blue, red and white with snowflakes and all. It's very clean and trendy. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and best wishes to you! Crystal

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

What a nice Christmas card, Linda! Love the colors and all the languages at the bottom...neat! Thanks for playing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
Sara H.