Followers

Monday, 9 November 2015

Craft show at Birmingham NEC

On Friday I travelled up to Birmingham with four friends so that we could go to the craft show at the NEC.  We decided to make a weekend of it and had booked some rooms at one of the Premier Inns in Birmingham and we had a fabulous time.  Lots of laughter, good food, a few drinks and lots of craft shopping.  The only downside for me was an irritating cough that I still haven’t managed to shift.  Anyway onto my crafty purchases.

I saw this trio of cross stitch kits at the very beginning of my tour around the show.  I know I don’t need anymore kits but I’d said to myself when I first saw them that if they were still there at the end of the day then I was meant to purchase them.  So here they are – goodness knows when I will make a start on them but they don’t take up much room do they?
DSCF5019
The Spellbound Bead Co always has the most amazing stand with all it’s decorations and jewellery items and I couldn’t resist buying this small kit.  Not sure if I will get them done for this Christmas but they will sure look pretty on my Christmas tree one day.
DSCF5020
I only really had one thing that I knew I did want to get at the show and that was a few of the Tim Holtz mini distress ink pads to complete my set.  There will be another set to buy at the end of the year when all of this years colours have been released.  These will get plenty of use and I store them in one of the storage caddies that I have made at Scrapbook Magic.
DSCF5021
I love images of old fashioned Father Christmas’s and picked up this stencil.  It’s my intention to use it to decorate scrapbook pages, art journal pages and even canvases in the future.
DSCF5022
Mum and Dad had given me some money in case I saw anything that I would like for Christmas so when I came across an offer on the whole set of Aqua Tints I couldn’t resist.  The show offer was great value and they also came with a pack of Sheena’s Stamping card – just too good an offer to miss.  I will have lots of fun experimenting with these in the New Year.
DSCF5023
There was so much temptation there but I thought I did pretty well resisting spending more.  I do know that all of my purchases will get used.  Did you go to the show?  If so what did you buy?

8 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Lesley said...

Lovely purchases Linda.No trip to Birmingham for me though,this yesr.

Heather said...

Lots of great stuff! Have fun using it!

Julie said...

Great purchases Linda.
I managed to go with the craft club, but spent quite a bit of the day sitting in the food area with a cuppa, it was so busy wasn't it.
A purchase from Spellbound here too and a couple of other little purchases, gorgeous kit from The Nutmeg Company of a little house. Must take pics and blog what I got.

Annie said...

sounds like you had a fun time! and came home with lots of new crafty goodies I see!
hugs, annie x

Mii Stitch said...

Great purchases for all your crafts!
I went on Saturday and it was sooo busy! The amount of money being spent :)
I stuck to my plans & only bought a lot of cross stitch fabrics and a few Lizzie Kate charts. It hasn't stopped me spending way too much!
I could have easily be tempted in getting more stuff, some of the paintings for sale were absolutely fantastic.

Justine said...

Sounds like a great trip, with lots of stash to show off!

Annie said...

Craft shows are the best, aren't they! All your new stuff looks great!