Followers

Monday, 16 November 2015

At last–basket complete

It was another dreary day weather wise yesterday so it was nice to be able to sit down and work on the Country Cottage Sampler and forget about outside.  I’ve finally managed to put all of the stitches into the basket, I really didn’t think it would be quite so time consuming, especially as it was only filling in the spaces.  Anyhow that is now done and I can get back to working on the flowers coming out of the basket which will give a bit more variety to my stitching over the next few weeks.
DSCF5038
I had optimistically thought I would get this completed by the end of the year but somehow I don’t think that is going to happen.  Can I get it completed within a year of starting?  Hmm not sure on that one either as it was started in the middle of January so it only gives me about 9-10 weeks.  What I should really be concentrating on is enjoying the stitching process rather than a deadline otherwise it’s going to feel more like a chore.  Having said that it would be nice to get the left hand side of this piece completed by the end of the year which would just leave the bottom third to do next year.

9 comments:

Kate said...

You're making good progress, Linda and it will be a beauty when finished. You're so right that you should enjoy the stitching rather than working to a deadline ..... most likely many of us need to be reminded of that.

Julie said...

The basket does look really effective, I love to see this one each week.
xx

Lesley said...

Congrats on finishing your basket,it looks awesome.

Heather said...

You can do it!

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching! I'm always in a rush to finish everything. Hope you can relax and enjoy this gorgeous piece.

katica said...

it is absolutely beautiful! Love it!

Annie said...

I never have deadlines on the stitching I do for myself just for the very reason that I want to stitch for enjoyment and not feel any pressure. However I have a deadline on all my Xmas stitching and other gifts I stitch, and therefore it is wonderful to get back to my very own projects where I can just stitch for fun:))

Well done on finishing the basket by the way:)

Brigitte said...

Anotrher step done on this very complex project. You are doing great and I think not setting nay dealines is so much better.

Sheryl S. said...

This is so pretty, looks very intricate with changes of colour thread all the time. Well worth finishing even if it does take a long time.