Followers

Friday, 9 October 2015

Photo prompt #9 and October sketch challenge

Today was treat day.  Colette and I went into town and had our nails painted.  I’ve gone for a pink colour this time and Colette had a reddish/orange colour both look very pretty.  After a little pampering we went round town for a while with her friend looking at a few baby items – getting some ideas for next years arrival.  Colette and her friend went off to do some shopping together and I went to meet up with DH who treated me to lunch.   Also during the course of the afternoon we went for a hot drink which gave me the opportunity to take a photo of today’s prompt which is Warm Drink.  My favourite warm drink at the moment is a cappuccino preferably with cinnamon sprinkled on top.
DSCF4856
Of course the day of being treated wouldn’t have been complete without a piece of cake – my choice was a lovely piece of carrot cake.

DSCF4857

This evening I have been making up some more Halloween treats and I've also played along with Hannah's October sketch challenge again.  Like Hannah I have also gone for a Christmas theme - I have lots to make and I'm a bit later starting them this year.  I also decided to turn the sketch by 90 degrees and have used the tree stamp from a retired SU hostess stamp set called Warmth & Wonder.  I used an embossing folder on the background piece of card and some torn paper strips to create hopefully a snow drift effect.  Some Stickles was added to give a bit of Christmas sparkle.
DSCF4858

6 comments:

Annie said...

What a lovely card! So simple but so effective:))

Lesley said...

That is a lovely frothy cappucino.Your card is so pretty.

Marlene jones said...

Love your Christmas card, the simple designs are always the best, I must start mine soon.

Heather said...

It's very nice I can totally see the snowdrifts

Julie said...

Coffee and cake, with family or friends.. nothing better ... mmmmm

Darnell J Knauss said...

You popped into my head this morning and I realized I hadn't been to see you in a while. I had a fun catch-up and enjoyed your photos of your holiday! I thought I'd stop here as I spied this gorgeous one-layer Christmas card, easy to mail! Thank you for the inspiration! Enjoy yourself!! Hugs, Darnell