Followers

Tuesday, 6 October 2015

October Sketch Challenge from Stampin By Hannah

I love to see what fellow Stampin’ Up! demonstrators create with their products and have recently come across a blog called Stampin By Hannah.  Last Wednesday on her blog she put up a sketch which she is going to use throughout the month of October – I thought I’d play along too.  This is my first attempt using the sketch and I will just about get it posted before Hannah posts her second offering. 
DSCF4847
I’ve used one of my favourite stamps sets at the moment which is also very appropriate for this time of the year called Vintage Leaves and used the matching dies to cut the leaves out.  The sentiment comes from another set of leaves called Lighthearted Leaves and I have repeatedly stamped the sentiment out to create the border background.  Very clean and simple but I’m pleased with the effect.

Todays photo prompt is Favourite.  I’ve decided to take a photo of my two favourite mugs.  The one on the left was a Mother’s Day present many years ago and the one on the right is a Christmas mug I won as a raffle prize at a craft group also many years ago.  Both of them are used on a daily basis.
DSCF4845

5 comments:

Justine said...

I love the stamp thingy you made! It looks great. Cute mugs.

catherine said...

Fabulous card Linda and looking very stylish. I know what you mean about coffee mugs. I have a couple which are my favourite and came with easter eggs in them!!
x catherine

Heather said...

Ooo the leaves are cool! Cute mugs I just pulled out my Snowman ones today for the first time :)

Julie said...

I've had a great time reading your October prompts, that cake certainly looks delicious and such a nice coffin (don't very often make that remark!) for a treat to go into. Lots of spiders in our hydrangea bush too. I too have a favourite Christmas mug, mine comes out Dec 1st for the holiday season lol.

Hannah McCurley said...

Hi Linda! Love that you've played along with my challenge :)
love the card - I really need those leaves!
xx