Followers

Wednesday, 9 September 2015

What’s On Your Work desk Wednesday 327


It’s been a long, long time since I participated in WOYWW but as I now have my own craft space and not the dining room table I thought I would join in today.  It’s all pretty tidy at the moment as for the past few weeks all I have been doing is sorting out my craft stash and waiting patiently until I could get a desk/table into the craft room.  Fingers crossed I will now get my creative Mojo back and being more productive with my stash.  On the right is a traditional style pencil box that I made and decorated at a workshop down at Scrapbook Magic last week. On the left is the beautiful leather journal which my dear friends Karen and Phillip gave to me for my birthday last year which I am now feeling brave enough to start using
DSCF4765
While I was sorting out more of my crafting stash I came across the kraft coloured journal which I bought really cheaply at Hobbycraft last year I think.  I have decided to use it as a Christmas planner that should help use up some of the stash and hopefully make me a little more organised for the upcoming festivities.   I know it is  still quite a few weeks away but it does have a tendency to creep up on you and I'd like to be a bit more prepared for it this year than I was last year..
DSCF4766
Anyway for those that are interested this is my new crafting space.  The table I got thanks to Margaret at Scrapbook Magic fitted nicely into the alcove of our back bedroom (my craft room).  The cube units didn’t fit exactly how I wanted them to so they have had to be turned sideways but I can live with that.  Behind the door I put a shoe rack up to hold some of my SU punches the others are in the bookcase which fitted nicely behind the door space.
DSCF4762DSCF4761
Our bed sofa which I can use when all I want to do is stitch, knit or crochet.  To the side of the sofa is a faux leather ottoman which is full of my recyclable stash which I hope to upcycle in the future.  Finally my two units which are housing my vast collection of stamps, Cricut cartridges and a few jars which will eventually have buttons, brads and flowers in (when I get round to sorting those out).
DSCF4763DSCF4760
I have to confess that I do have an overflow cupboard in our small bedroom which is full to the brim and waiting to be sorted but at least it is now finally out of the kitchen/dining room cupboards.  I moved all of that stash upstairs today and have been busy cleaning out and re-arranging all of the cupboards.  DH is away for a couple of days so I thought it would be kind of fun to confuse him when he comes back and can’t find anything LOL!  Off now to check out other WOYWW bloggers.

11 comments:

jill said...

Welcome back to the fold Linda. I'm just joining in again after a few weeks absent. Your new craft room looks good. Happy woyww Jill #8

Marlene jones said...

My stash is much smaller now I share office space with hubby, it was really refreshing to get rid of loads of stuff, my taste had changed so loads of things I would not use again. On my desk at home, I have a Pulled work sampler, sent to me from Nine to five, a wedding invitation card I have made as a sample for younger daughter, I'm pleased to say she loves the design and now I have to order loads of navy card.That's it, midweek is not a big crafting time.

Angela Radford said...

Hi Linda, nice to see you and the gorgeous work space, Love it. It is very tidy but sure you will be able to mess it up soon Lol! Have a good woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 22

Heather said...

Wow great craft room!

Justine said...

What a gorgeous room - I'm jealous!

Lesley said...

Your craft room is great.Lovely to have things to hand in one space and your sofa looks very comfortable:)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I like your craft area! It's great...i like the fact that it's so well organised and you know where everything is :-). I admire you fir the Christmas journal, I'm very disorganised and never make lists, much to Julia's chagrin!
Hugs, LLJ 12 xx

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Looks fabulous, love your new space and I hope you have many happy hours crafting in there.

K x

Julia Dunnit said...

Hey Lind, how nice to see you and your highly organised new space! What a joy and hey, in the organising, bet you've resolved to do more use more and keep it organised. It looks great, what a score with the desk fitting so well!

Annie said...

How lucky you are to have a special craft space!! And nice and tidy too:)) Hope it will help your mojo!

Julie said...

A very organised and full room, enjoy lots of crafting activities in there.