Followers

Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Sunday SAL

Sunday was quite a busy day.  Breakfast at my parents, then a coffee morning at Vicky’s (DS2’s girlfriend) with MIL, tidying up the front garden and finally settling down to add some stitches to the Cornwall Cottage Sampler.  I concentrated on the other half of the basket this week and will probably do the same again next week.  It doesn’t look much but it took me a couple of hours – great concentration was required to ensure the pattern was being followed.  It would be nice if I could get the rest of this shade completed and the few floral colours that need to go at the top of basket weave and then all I have to do is fill in with the other shade of brown.
DSCF4817
Today apparently is World Heart Day an international campaign to raise awareness of heart disease and stroke prevention.  I came across this information as I was trying to find out the exact day for World Card Making Day which is October 3rd this year (it’s the 1st Saturday in October each year).  I’ve incorporated my new found information into my planner which is also doubling up as a bit of a journal too – having great fun with it and it’s guaranteeing me at least a few minutes worth of crafting each day – bliss.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Looks great!

Lesley said...

Great to see this design in close up.

Karen K said...

Looking lovely Linda, it won't be long until you have that basket done.

k x

Brigitte said...

Great progress on tis project. I always find it a bit boring to stitch these baskets but in the end they look gorgeous.

Justine said...

Beautiful work. Unlike Brigitte I quite like working on a repetitive bit of stitching for a change.

Julie said...

Way behind on reading blogs again ... catching up ... lots more lovely progress on the sampler.
And today is 3rd October so you'll be busy with your card making... have fun!