Followers

Monday, 28 September 2015

Challenge YOUrself #22

Several years ago I started work on a scrapbook All About Me following a set of prompts but then I lost the set of prompts I was working on and the project got put aside.  Over the weekend while blog hopping I came across a challenge blog called Challenge YOUrself and so I thought I would dig out the album and start working on it again.  There was a great sketch to work with and you had to incorporate the words Note to Self.
DSCF4819
Now this layout doesn’t actually include a full photo of myself but it those are my hands and my newly painted nails.  The Note to Self reads Now you’ve started to have nails painted…….
…….continue to treat yourself.

The papers I used are from the Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments paper pad that I used for the 50th birthday card in an earlier post.  I also found a couple of elements in my stash which had the words Note to Self which I have also added to the LO.  The tag on the right side slides behind the paper and has more journaling on explaining how having my nails painted made me feel and how I choose my nail colour each time. 
DSCF4818
SU punches and stamps were used for the butterflies and some bling added to them.

For those that are interested on how I choose my nail colour it all depends on which outfit I am wearing on the day.  I choose a colour from the outfit – in this instance it was the teal blue on the tunic I was wearing,  The top photo gives a truer reflection of the real colour of my nails, whereas in the bottom photo they look more like electric blue.

As this is a monthly challenge I might just be able to add a few more pages to my book which would be great and who knows it might just be of interest to my children/grandchildren in the future.

10 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

I loved reading your post and am so happy that our site got you interested in working on you album all about you again! The page you made using our sketch is fantastic! I love the photos of your hands, too. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. I cannot wait to see what you come up with in future months, too!

Annie said...

Very nice:)) It always feels nice to dig out an UFO and continue to work on it:)

Heather said...

Looks great! I tend to paint my nails on the season. Right now they are an orange/yellow (changes color with heat) with an orange glitter topcoat.

Tracy P said...

Great take on the sketch! I love your papers and great photos too! Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

kate blue said...

it will definitely be awesome for future generations-they'll get a vibe about how you felt and what you body looked like! Fantastic and so glad you found us to challenge you like that! Keep coming back! Kate (Challenge YOUrself)

Julie said...

Your nails look lovely Linda, I keep saying I think I will get mine done and then I don't.....

Susanne said...

Such a pretty page, lovely work. And looking forward next time to seeing more of you!

Karen K said...

Lovely page Linda and lovely nails

k x

ÅsaJ said...

Great take on the sketch, with a fun topic! Hope to see you again. Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

♥ Lynn said...

How fun! Great layout and take on our sketch/prompt. So glad we inspired you to open up your book again ;)
Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself.