Followers

Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Another Freaking Scrapbook Challenge


So on Sunday evening I decided to get back into scrapbooking – it has been way too long since I did a layout.  As it has been so long I decided to hunt around for a challenge blog to give me some inspiration and came across Another Freaking Scrapbook Challenge and the September challenge is about beginnings.  I decided to use photos on my new craft room which I am hoping will provide me with the motivation to start being creative again.  I also went hunting for a sketch to follow to ease me back into scrapbooking and came across a sketch which I found on Shimelle Laine’s blog back in 2011 with the aid of a google search for scrapbooking sketches – lots to be found for future reference.
DSCF4780
The layout is very clean and simple – just what I needed to ease me back into this.  The papers came from a kit from one of the Scrapaholic kits I purchased from Julia’s Exeter scrapbooking group.  Initially I wasn’t sure how well the papers would go with the photos but I went with them and I’m really pleased with how it turned out.
DSCF4781
Work was extremely busy today – Tuesdays always are but we also had a member of the team on leave so that added to the business.  On the way home I called in to see our daughter who I don’t think I have mentioned yet on my blog is expecting again.  She has her first scan next week where they will give her an expected date but by our working out it will be early April next year – I’m very excited.  All is going well at the moment but as Logan was late and Savannah several weeks early it could well be a March baby – which would be nice as we don’t have any birthdays in March but loads in April LOL. 

Logan was sent home from school today as he wasn’t very well and he was looking extremely sorry for himself when I got there – hopefully he will be feeling much better tomorrow.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Love the scrapbook page! I like April 9th that's a good due date (my birthday in case you couldn't figure it out ;)). Congrats to her!

Annie said...

How clever with a scrapbook sketch - I could do with many of those... My imagination isn't what I'd like it to be sometimes...:) Your page is beautiful! Congrats on becoming a grandma again:))

Julie said...

Get well wishes for little Logan, hope he is soon much better. My granddaughter has got a rotten cough/cold, someone in the class shared with their 30 classmates and they've only been back just over a week!
Your scrapbook page is wonderful.

Dolly B said...

Welcome back to scrapping , a lovely scrap space to create in and lovely documentation of it. Thank you for sharing with us at AFSC
Mary

Anne Pennington said...

Linda - LOVE this ! your colours are wonderful and your layers so interesting! Thanks for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge - hope to see you here again soon!

Eli said...

Wow, a new craft room! You are very lucky! Beautiful layout to celebrate this news. Thanks for sharing it at AFSC. Eli