Followers

Saturday, 19 September 2015

50th birthday card

I was asked to make a 50th birthday card for one of my work colleagues.  The brief I was given was that she liked muted pastels, flowers and cats.  I could do the muted pastels as I broke into another Graphic 45 pad called Sweet Sentiments and teamed the papers up with SU cardstock in Mint Macaron.  The flower images are from Clearly Besotted as are the matching dies and I coloured them in with my Copics.  I used an SU stamp, now retired, for the 50th birthday sentiment and also stamped out some butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri set and used the matching punches.  To finish it off I used some stickles in the centre of the flowers, on the butterflies and the number on the sentiment and some ribbon from my stash.  No cat stamps but I don't think it would have gone with my design anyway.
DSCF4797
I shall take it into work with me tomorrow so that my work colleagues can sign it before the recipient returns to work later in the week.  I am hoping they and the recipient will like it.

I made the card while watching the doubles of the Davis Cup this afternoon – what an amazing match that was.  Fingers crossed Andy Murray can win his match tomorrow so that we don’t have to rely on one of the other Brits to get us through to the final.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

A gorgeous card,you description of its making is interesting..a lot goes into these cards.
Yes indeed,fingers xrossed for tomorrow..hoping Andy's back is ok,he looked a bit uncomfortable,bending,after the match.

Heather said...

Great job it looks lovely :)

Annie said...

What a beautiful card - everyone will LOVE it I'm sure! I love all the purples and the butterflies:))

Julie said...

'Hope they like it' you wrote .... of course they will, its stunning and so beautiful. Well done. x

Karen K said...

what a beautiful card Linda x