Followers

Friday, 4 September 2015

25th Wedding Anniversary

It was our friends 25th wedding anniversary yesterday and this is the card I made for them.   The doily came from our scrapbooking retreat last year – every meal we had normally had a doily underneath either the fruit juice or soup so I collected a few of them over the course of the weekend.  The dies are all from Sizzix and the floral stamp is a from a freebie stamp set which I have used over and over again as I just love it.  The paper is retired SU designer series paper.
DSCF4759
I now have a table for my craft room so I will be able to work in the comfort of my craft room instead of cluttering up the dining room table.  This week I have been going through my craft stash and sorting out items that I know I am no longer going to use but the items are still in good condition or shamefully never been used.  These are being taken to a craft fayre tomorrow in Exeter and hopefully I can sell some of them there and the proceeds will be going to hospice care.  Anything that doesn’t sell I shall be taking to a charity shop as I have now disconnected myself from those items – I have to say it’s been a hard process letting go of crafty stash but it needed to be done.  I still have more stash to go through as I have been ‘collecting’ for many years now.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, whatever you may be doing.

6 comments:

Annie said...

What a beautiful card! I love the look of doilies, but I haven't quite worked out how to use them yet for my projects...

Heather said...

Good luck with all of your destashing! Cute card :)

Lesley said...

A pretty card. i was looking in the card making section of our local Hobbycraft store at all the equipment for card making...there is so much. I am not about to take up card making,but the whole process is facsinating and I love seeing the results :)

Julie said...

You always create such beautiful cards, I bet your friends loved this one.

catherine said...

A fabulous card for the occassion Linda and I am sure they will love it ! Good luck with the unused stash and hope it can go to a new home for you
x catherine

Karen K said...

Beautiful Linda. I desperately need to get rid of some stuff, it's shameful really it all sitting there not being used

k x