Followers

Saturday, 15 August 2015

White box to ribbon box

Can you remember the white box that my Mrs Brimbles box was delivered in?  I said I had plans for it and today I was able to make a start on my project.  I have decided to decorate it with some of the papers and coordinating embellishments I also purchased from Mrs Brimbles (which happened to be on sale - and very pretty too).  The box will now hold some of my ribbon collection.  I still have the holes to punch through the front of the box which I will hopefully finish doing tomorrow.
I even gave my neglected Cricut machine an outing today and cut out the letters to add to the box - I am hoping once I am fully settled into my craft room I will get back into my scrapbooking as I have so many photos I need to put onto layouts.  Slowly but surely my craft room is getting organised how I want it, I'm just waiting for a table to go into the recess of the room which will hopefully be in the next couple of weeks. Once this is in place I can see what storage I can put on top of and at the back of the table and which craft items will go in that storage.  It may be taking a while to get it finished but I want everything to be just right in my head and so hopefully make crafting even more enjoyable.

I did a shift swap today as I wanted Tuesday off to go to a workshop down at Scrapbook Magic with my friend Lynne.  When I got home I was able to pick up my needle and thread and make some progress on the baby sampler I started a while back.  As I want this to be a Christmas present I think I need to concentrate on that for a while.  September I need to make a start on all the Christmas projects I would like to do this year - sorry to mention the word Christmas while still in August.


8 comments:

Heather said...

The box looks great! As crafters were used to Christmas in August lol

Marlene jones said...

My card making is at an all time low, but I do make all our Christmas cards each year. My cross stitch and garden keep me busy else where.
I'm undecided on my Christmas projects this year.

Lesley said...

What a pretty box.

catherine said...

Looks like a fabulous project you are making there Linda and a very useful one too!
I have so neglected my sewing this year and don't know if I will have much time left to start anything new for this christmas. Good luck with your progress on the sampler and hope your ok. Sorry also for being a bit absent again lately.
x catherine

Preeti said...

Love your ribbon box, it's cute!!:)

Julie said...

Days are flying by and the 'C' word has been mentioned at our craft group with regard to gift making and running out of time.
Great box!

My name is Wynneth said...

Your ribbon box is already looking splendid Linda, looking forward to seeing it once it's completed.

Have a great time at Scrapbook Magic, I really must get down there again for a workshop it's such fun and Margaret is so lovely.

hugs
wynneth
x

Anne said...

Hello Linda. The box is lovely. You are certainly busy on a variety of projects. love the planner as well. Many thanks for visiting. Anne x