Followers

Sunday, 23 August 2015

Stitching updates

It’s been a while since my last post and quite a while since I posted a stitching update.  I have managed to do put lots of x’s into the Cornwall Cottage sampler the past couple of weeks.  This is one half of the flower basket which took much longer than I thought it would.  Next week I should hopefully get a few of the flowers in the centre done and then I can move onto the other half of the basket.
DSCF4685
Here is a photo of how much I have completed so far.
DSCF4684
I have also managed to work on the baby sampler quite a bit over the past couple of weeks too and I have almost completed the top quarter of this piece.  I am hoping to get the top part of the border completed this week and then work my way down the left hand side.
DSCF4687
Harlee-Jay and his parents came round to visit today and I just about managed to cover it over with the cottage sampler so that they didn’t see it – I want it to be a surprise for them too.

We have this week off work, we’re not going away but hope to just have a nice relaxing week just taking each day as it comes.  Just as well really as I don’t think the weather is going to be particularly nice.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Enjoy your week of late mornings and restful adventures.
The baby sampler is looking beautiful.
Cornish is coming along a treat too.

Justine said...

Your needles have been busy! There is a lot of stitching in that flower basket.

Preeti said...

Great progress on your stitching !! The sampler is looking very cute:)

Karen K said...

Looking good Linda. Lots of indoor things planned for us too as we are off as well :( I think perhaps some sewing, cross stich, drawer tidying, putting stuff on ebay.....

Enjoy your week

K x

Manuela said...

Wonderful updates on your WIPs.
Greetings, Manuela

Brigitte said...

Oh my, you have some great progress to show on both your WIPs.
I hope you will have some precious stitching time this week.

catherine said...

You are making good progress with your stitching projects Linda. that was a close shave with the sampler!!!
x catherine

Lesley said...

Gorgeous stitching. Your flower basket is looking so pretty.