Followers

Friday, 7 August 2015

Final Christmas tags

Today I traveled down to Scrapbook Magic with my friend Lisa for the Christmas tag class.  I learnt a new technique with alcohol inks and an archival ink pad which can be seen on the right hand tag.  Initially the writing on the tag started off as black archival but when used with the alcohol inks you were able to remove the ink which meant that you could then put silver paper behind it to change the colour of the words.  I just loved this technique and it's fabulous when you learn something new.



Now that I have completed 12 tags next month we will be making them into a large Christmas banner which I am really looking forward to.

While I was there the new Sizzix bird dies that go with the Tim Holtz crazy bird set came home with me - saves me having to cut the birds out by hand and they were just too darn cute to leave behind LOL!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow I love these they're great! Especially the reindeer :)

Lesley said...

Very attractive tags,your banner will be awesome.

Julie said...

WOW .. they are amazing!

Preeti said...

Beautiful tags!!

My name is Wynneth said...

Your tags are fabulous Linda, I really wish I could have attended more of Margaret's tag workshops. Haven't heard of the alcohol ink technique you describe, the results are great.

I pre-ordered the crazy bird dies weeks ago and still not received them, you were so lucky to pick them up !

hugs
wynneth
x