Followers

Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Birthday card using items from Mrs Brimble's box

It's our eldest grand daughters birthday next weekend and I'd been wondering what type of card to make for her.  As I was flicking through the Project Life cards that came with my Mrs Brimble's box one of the cards had pretty princess printed on it.  Well I'm always calling our grand daughters princesses and they both like dressing up so I decided to use that as a starting point for Elisha's card.  I then picked out another larger card from the Project Life cards and chose the one with banners on which I have cut round and stuck foam pads underneath to make them appear to be blowing in the breeze.  I added the birthday sentiment which is from Clearly Besotted - this is one of my go to sets.  The little princess is from a retired SU stamp set which I have coloured in with Promarkers.  I've added a small scalloped border to the bottom of the card to tie in with the scalloped card and finally added some gems for an extra bit of sparkle.

I'm now going to go through the rest of the project life cards and see how many other cards I can make from them as at this present time I don't participate in Project Life and think they will serve me better as card toppers.

An early morning phone call this morning from DIL to say that eldest son had come off his motorcycle on his way to work and was in casualty.  Thankfully no other vehicle was involved.  Chest x-rays and a scan showed no serious damage so apart from sore ribs and knee (and a bruised ego) he came out of it pretty unscathed.  This is the second time this month he has ended up in casualty and I am hoping and praying that there won't be a third.

6 comments:

Annie said...

What a lovely card - I'm sure your granddaughter will love it!

Anne said...

A very sweet card Linda. I have some project life bits but done nothing with it :-(
Sorry to read the news about your son and glad that he is relatively unscathed - as you say pray there will not be a third time. Thanks for popping by. Anne x

Heather said...

Beautiful card and I'm glad he wasn't seriously hurt.

Julie said...

Get well wishes for your son, thank goodness he was ok.
Lovely and beautiful card, she'll love it.

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh my ! what a shock for you to get that phone call. Thank heavens he wasn't badly injured, hope he is soon back to full health.

Love your sweet card, so pink and pretty !

hugs
wynneth
x

Karen K said...

Crikey Linda ! Hopefully David is fully recovered now, as this is an oldish post, beautiful card x