Followers

Monday, 6 July 2015

Good progress

It’s strange how some days just appear to have more hours in the day than others.  Yesterday was a prime example – I started off by going to my parents for breakfast (something I do every week) and also cut my dad’s hair while I was over there.  Came back home and did the ironing and then went down to MIL’s for mid morning coffee and a chat.  When I got back home I had a surprise visit from our daughter and family so playtime with Logan and Savannah for an hour.  When they had left I sat and did a little stitching on the Cornwall Cottage Sampler before going to collect DH from the train station (he’d been to see ACDC at Wembley with his brother).  On our way home we did some food shopping and when it was unpacked I was able to do some more stitching before cooking tea.  More stitching after tea for half an hour and then the garden borders finally got weeded.  A little more stitching then it was time to watch a little TV before going to bed.  I like days like that so productive and a great feeling of achievement.
DSCF4575
I have probably complete about half of the next page on the sampler.  Next week I will start working on the base of the basket and with any luck I might just get another page completed.  Here is how it is looking so far.
DSCF4576

10 comments:

Brigitte said...

Sounds like a perfect and very productive day. Nice progress on your WIP.

Julie said...

Having a blog reading catch up ... a lot of posts from you last week!
Alice is looking lovely, I saw in Justine's blog you were having a SAL together, lovely. Super pic of your evening walk. Cornish sampler is growing beautifull, I love to see that each week and have had 2 instalments this blog reading session lol.
Wishing your son lots of happy times in his new home, and you lots of fun in your new craft room.
Best wishes x

Manuela said...

Your stitching progress looks good.
Greetings,Manuela

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your WIP is just gorgeous and the colours really pop on that blue fabric!

Joan Jepson said...

Hi - I have just found your blog from reading a post on Justine's blog. Really enjoyed having a browse. Love the cards you made with the flower papers and the travel journal. Your cottage sampler looks wonderful. I do a variety of crafts i.e card making,crochet, jewellery making, knitting, scrapbooking as well as cross stitching. Many years ago cross stitching was the only craft hobby I did but now I seem to be collecting new hobbies every week. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

Preeti said...

You made lot of progress! It is looking beautiful:)

Jennifer M. said...

Wow! Very pretty stitching. It's looking fabulous.

Kudos on such a productive day. I wish I had more of those. :D

Justine said...

What a lot you packed into one day! I really need to get myself sorted out. I couldn't do half of that!
Lovely progress on your beautiful sampler.

Kate said...

Sounds like a perfect day, Linda!

Karen K said...

Looking good Linda, I love it when you go to bed having achieved something worthwhile

k x