Followers

Wednesday, 6 May 2015

TGIF Challenge #1

On one of my blog hopping evenings I came across a new challenge blog TGIF.  Their first challenge is a colour challenge.
tgifc01
For some reason I always seem to struggle with colour challenges but I really wanted to take part in this new challenge blog.  For my card I have used a beautiful Spellbinders die set which I acquired recently.  The flower images are from a free stamp set which came with one of the UK craft magazines – I have used this set loads and loads – I just love cutting out those flowers.  The butterflies are from SU and punched out using the coordinating punch.  Finally the sentiment is from Clearly Besotted – another stamp company I love and for the centre of the flowers I have added some Stickles for a little bling.  The papers came from my scraps pile.
DSCF4357
Here is another simple card I made also using up some of those scraps.  I’m trying to make a pile of cards in the hope that I can sell some of them to help raise funds for my friends son and daughter who are going to be walking The Great Wall of China next year to raise money for hospice care.
DSCF4360

7 comments:

Marlene jones said...

Love both your cards, I'm lazy at the moment and not making many.

Lesley said...

I'm sure you will have no problem raising money with your beautiful cards.

Kaitlyn Zumbach said...

Pretty card! I'm so glad you joined us at TGIF and hope join more challenges in the future!

catherine said...

These are wonderful Linda and you have rocked the colour challenge part. Thanks for sharing about the challenge and I will have to check it out
x catherine

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabulous cards Linda, good luck with sale and raising the money, it's a great cause.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Allison Okamitsu said...

I love the addition of the little butterflies on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at TGIF!

James Weber said...

Thanks for joining us even though it was outside of your comfort zone...You made an amazing card :-)