Followers

Friday, 8 May 2015

Sunday SAL and can you help?

The week has flown by and I’ve just realised I had forgotten to post an update of the Cornwall Cottage Sampler.  As I was working last Sunday I wasn’t able to spend as much time on it as I would have liked but I did manage to put some more stitches into another of the larger motifs on the left hand side.  I should finish that this week and I am also hoping to complete page 4 – fingers crossed.
DSCF4361
Here is how it looks overall.
DSCF4362
We are enjoying seeing lots of flowers coming out in both our front and back gardens and I have been taking photos of them to add to my yearly photo journal.  I obviously planted these last year when I planted our Daffodils and Muscari but I can’t for the life of me think what they were called – can anyone help me out so that I can put the name of the flower with the photo when I journal about them?
DSCF4355DSCF4354
Saving the best until last - we had some unexpected news on Tuesday.  Our youngest son’s girlfriend gave birth to her baby boy six weeks early.  Although he was six weeks early he came into the world weighing a healthy 5lbs 8oz and both mother and baby are doing well.  A big welcome to baby Harley.  I hope to have some better photos to show you soon.
IMG_0206

7 comments:

Jay said...

Hi Linda,
Congratulations on Harley your grandson.

I having a guess at the flower.. Is it Crocosmia, it was planted as a corm?
Do the flowers travel up the stem like a fressia?

Justine said...

Congratulations to the whole family on the birth of Harley! He's gorgeous. Your sampler is looking good.

Brigitte said...

Nice progress on your SAL piece. I love the overall picture.
Great to see baby Harley here. Congratulations to the happy mom and the whole family.

Manuela said...

Wonderful progress on your SAL stitching.
Have a nice weekend, Manuela

Marlene jones said...

Congratulations, having a grandchild is such a joy. Your stitching is lovely.

Marion K said...

Congratulations !! Such a lovely baby!
Your Sampler looks great!
Have a nice weekend
Marion

katica said...

can't help with the flower, but your stitching is coming along fantastic, and looks lovely!

Congratulations on the birth of your new grandbaby!! He is absolutely darling!