Followers

Monday, 18 May 2015

And relax

We’re on holiday down in beautiful Cornwall and this is the view from our holiday home – we are literally just 50 metres away from the beach.  We arrived yesterday afternoon but not before being told the good news that Harlee-Jay and mum are able to come home from hospital which is fantastic.  We did see him on Saturday and he is doing really well and just so sweet. 

Our holiday home is lovely, a semi detached three bedroom house with conservatory.  A small garden with a large rock  to the side which they have cleverly used and created a raised deck area – complete with sun loungers , not quite sure we will need them this week.  It is so quiet here although I’m sure during the peak holiday season it might not be quite so but I could quite happily live here. Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!
DSCF4400
We went for a walk once we unpacked to view the surrounding area.  I just love Cornwall’s rugged coastline. 

DSCF4398

All the different patterns in the rocks

DSCF4390
DSCF4395
It was a little windy so I used my scarf to keep my hair from blowing into my mouth all the time and so I could see where I was walking – it’s probably not a look I will go for on a regular basis but it served it’s purpose and nobody else was around to see LOL!  It gave DH something to laugh at anyway.
DSCF4399

9 comments:

Brigitte said...

Seems to be a wonderful place for vacationing and relaxing.

Manuela said...

Beautiful photos.
Enjoy your holiday.
Greetings, Manuela

Lesley said...

A beautiful place to holiday in,great photo,you looked very relaxed:-)

Lesley said...

Beautiful place to have a holiday.Great photo,you look very relaxed:-)

Julie said...

I've had a lovely catch up read here Linda after being away at the seaside myself for a week.
Enjoy your relaxation time.

Huge congratulations on your new arrival, he's adorable and so good to read he is well enough to be going home with his mum.

A great sampler you are stitching and lovely progress on the Cottage Sampler.

Wonderful gift you made for your friend and a good use of the scraps for the cards.

Have a lovely time away, great pic of you and the 'scarf look'

xxx

Annie said...

Hope you'll have a lovely break!! When I lived in England I visited Cornwall a few times, and it sure is a beautiful place:)

Marlene jones said...

Looks lovely, are you sure you were not out looking for Poldark.....

catherine said...

Hope you have a fabulous time there Linda and such wonderful news about baby and mum going home.
And you never know headscarfs might come back in fashion again(lol)
x catherine

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Love the look and the photos, it does look beautiful x Hope you get some sunshine but if nothing else that it stays dry. I spy a zebra !

Have a lovely birthday week

love K x