Followers

Sunday, 10 May 2015

Allsorts


A warm welcome to my two new followers Mdm Samm of Sew we Stitch – a beautiful blog with lots of inspiring ideas and Preeti of Creat-E-Witty Unleashed who has produced some beautiful stitching – both blogs well worth checking out.

Yesterday I went visiting at the hospital with our daughter and enjoyed a long cuddle with Harlee-Jay.  He slept the whole time we were there, he sleeps a lot but then that is only to be expected seeing as he wasn’t due for a few weeks.  I’ve told them to make the most of it LOL.  Vicky is trying to feed him herself but he’s only suckling about 50% of the time and the other 50% he is tube fed which is greatly improved from the first couple of days.  He is so dinky but so adorable as all babies are.
DSCF4365
Yesterday I was making gifts for my friend who is celebrating her 50th birthday today.  The gift boxes contain teabags in one and chocolates in the other.  I have also bought her some lovely Yankee candles – I managed to pick up a tea light holder which says “It took me 50 years to look this good”.
DSCF4373
Lots of lovely flowers still coming out in our garden.  One of Rhododendrons has lots of buds ready to burst out into flower in the coming weeks.  I love the pink/purple shade of this one.
DSCF4369
I’ve just watched the Madrid tennis final and very happy that Andy Murray has just beaten Rafa Nadal to win his second clay court title in a week – a fantastic match.  While this has been on I have also been happily putting more stitches into the Cornwall Cottage Sampler – a wonderful Sunday for me.

12 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Aw Linda your new family member is adorable ! So tiny though, but at least he is able to suckle a bit which is good.

Love those pretty green boxes, you have been a busy girl. I'm sure your pal will be overjoyed to receive them, plus the Yankee Candles of course.

Beautiful colours in the flower, you are right.

Well done on putting in more stitches on your sampler and a good result for Andy too.

Luv
wynneth
x

Lesley said...

What a beautiful little boy:-)

That is a lovely gift box for your friend.

Marlene jones said...

He is such a cutie, they do grow up too fast. Lovely gift you have a lucky friend.

Kate said...

Congrats on that precious bundle, Linda!

catherine said...

Beautiful photo of the new arrival Linda. Adorable.
x catherine

Preeti said...

Thank you for linking my blog!! The gift box looks wonderful!! Nice to know that your grandson is doing better.

Christine said...

He is adorable!

Lucy Gregg said...

Congratulations on the little one xxx

Anne said...

Beautiful baby. Congratulations to all. My eldest was only two weeks early and weighed in at 5lbs 8oz. He dropped to 5lbs 1oz - he wouldn't feed well to begin with. Love the makes for your friend. X

Justine said...

Congratulations to all of you Linda, he's absolutely beautiful!

Annie said...

Congratulations on becoming a grandma:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely little baby! I'm so pleased that your daughter is being helped in feeding him herself, it really will help him so much. Some hospitals don't support or encourage mothers enough.