Followers

Wednesday, 8 April 2015

New, new, new

Firstly a new start – I know I have lots of unfinished projects which I really should be looking to finish but....!  Now that I have finally had my eyes tested and got some prescription reading glasses I can see clearly again in the evenings to stitch so I am going to rotate my new starts (yes starts) alongside outstanding projects.  This new start is from an old Cross Stitch Gold magazine, I’m not going to show you a picture of the completed design just yet I'll do some more and when it resembles something that you may recognise I'll have a little giveaway for guessing the subject matter.
DSCF4284
My next new item is this lovely set of pins which I couldn’t resist when I saw them on The Primitive Hare’s blog recently.  I ordered the sheep set along with the pumpkin set and a set with birds nests and eggs – trust me they are so cute and so sweet in real life.  They will be strictly for ornamental use as I would hate to break any of them if I used them on my stitching projects.
DSCF4286
And finally some new stamps arrived through my letter box today.  I love Tim Holtz stamps but sometimes the sentiments on his sets aren’t quite what I’m looking for to use on everyday cards.  As I was browsing the web for something else I came across this set of Simple Sayings which will be just perfect for my cards.
DSCF4287
The weather continues to be sunny this week – great for the children who are on Easter break at the moment.

6 comments:

Julie said...

The Sampler looks lovely. I hope you had a lovely Easter.
Super new pins, I have a few that are just for show as they are delicate.
Wondering what your new start is ... will have to await another update pic lol.

Marlene jones said...

Lovely stamps, I am growing my hoard of die cutters, which have now overtaken the stamps.

Kate said...

Love those pins, Linda!

Marion K said...

Your new start looks interesting - I don`t know what it could be ???

Blessings
Marion

catherine said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress with this new stitching project Linda and finding out what it is!!
Those look beautiful pins and a great set of stamps for all occasion there too. hope you all had a lovely easter weekend
x catherine

Brigitte said...

These sets of pins are so cute. And I'm very curious to see what your newly started project is.