Followers

Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Making the most of scraps

Firstly a big thank you to all of you who posted us anniversary wishes.

Today I travelled down to Mullion for the scrapbook class at Scrapbook Magic.  The journey down saw a real mixture of weather, initially raining with idiots driving past far too quickly and causing unnecessary water sprays and then beautiful sunshine broke through.  Thankfully the journey home was in sunshine.

One of the layouts we created we had to cut out some feathers using a Sizzix die.  I don’t like to waste beautiful Graphic 45 papers (this is from the Haute Couture range) and so I roughly cut out some circles and made several tiny roses out of them.
DSCF4346
I’ve used a few of them on the layout I was putting together (it hasn’t been finished as I’ve yet to decide which photos to use) and I’ve still got some more scraps left so I will be making more of them to use on cards, etc.  I found it very therapeutic rolling these.  Simple but effective I think.
DSCF4348

3 comments:

Julie said...

There is always something wonderful to see when you have been meeting and creating with friends.

catherine said...

I agree with you Linda- Graphic 45 are too good to waste anything from them and love those little roses you have made
x catherine

blue star stitcher said...

I like the little roses you created. I am the same way with quilt fabric, i'll save the smallest scraps knowing I can find some small pillow or applique to use them for.