Followers

Sunday, 26 April 2015

January pocket

Here is January’s pocket of the birthday/anniversary book that I am making.  I still want to add some embellishments to the page.  The postcard slots into a small pocket so i can take that in and out to add important dates.  Behind that I have created a larger pocket which the cards that I need to make for that month will slot into.  It’s large enough to fit  several cards in up to at least 8 x 8 card size.  When all the pages have been completed I will bind them all with my Cinch.
DSCF4334
After my pile of ironing was done this morning I was able to sit down and work on the Cornwall Cottage Sampler – I will post an update on that tomorrow.

I’ve just got back from the baby shower which was fun.  While it’s not a very good photo here is a picture of the scrapbook album I bought for Vicky to keep a record of those early precious moments .
DSCF4330
Vicky is our youngest son's girlfriend.  They were together for several years but broke up the end of 2013.  Vicky met someone else which didn't work out, but fell pregnant by him.  At the end of the year Bryan and Vicky got back together and hopefully this time all will work out well for them - so in June (or May if he decides to arrive early) we will become step grandparents. Exciting times ahead.

9 comments:

Lesley said...

What a lovely way to keep cards for special occasions I am looking forward to seeing themes for all the months and baby's book is going to be very useful,I loved recording events in both our boys baby books.I still read through them occasionally:-)

Heather said...

Congrats! That's exciting! The calendar book is such a good idea I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Manuela said...

The pocket is very beautiful.
Greetings, Manuela

Christine said...

What a lovely page/pocket. The finished book will be spectacular

Annie said...

The January pocket looks beautiful! I love all the colours:)

Darnell J Knauss said...

January's pocket is fabulous, Linda! Those blues and reds are so perfect for the month of January. And the baby album is very sweet! Your son sounds like quite a wonderful human being and I wish them all the best throughout their lives!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Justine said...

I love the scrapbooking, it looks wonderful! Lovely gift for the baby shower too. Spring is the perfect time for a new baby in the family!

Julie said...

Exciting times for you all.
A beautiful January page, that's lovely.

Julie said...

Exciting times for you all.
A beautiful January page, that's lovely.