Followers

Sunday, 15 March 2015

Happy Mother’s Day

I had to work half day today – could have been worse as I was due to work all day but my dear friend and work colleague kindly swapped with me.  It meant I was able to spend time with my mum this afternoon instead.  I’ve had some lovely cards, chocolates and a lily to plant from my children which I will enjoy eating and seeing grow.
DSCF4221
Yesterday we enjoyed lunch at Bella Itallia and then went to watch Will Smith in Focus –  lovely meal and a brilliant movie.  In the evening I crocheted a couple more squares and watched some more tutorials for different squares which I might have a go at this week.  I also made a start on Easter treats for family, friends and work colleagues.  A thoroughly enjoyable weekend an a great start to my week off work.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds wonderful, Linda.

Justine said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend Linda - family time, crafting and chocolate! Happy Mother's Day xx

Julie said...

The Mothers Day cards you made are lovely Linda and well done on the crochet squares.
Lovely cards and goodies you were gifted for Mothers Day, I too received some of those wonderful chocs.
xxx

Karen K said...

Glad you were spoiled - you deserve it.

k x

cucki said...

So sweet
Happy Mother's Day xx

Lesley said...

Lovely Mothering Sunday treats Linda.
I saw both my sons together which was special as my younger who son lives in London came up North this weekend with his girlfriend.The brothers are very clcose and it was great that they also caught up with each other.
Your Lillies will be gorgeous in a few weeks.

Chris said...

Love that sampler such rich colours and beautifully stitched... and Bella Italia... sounds yum to me!

catherine said...

Glad you enjoyed your day Linda and some time with your mum too. Sounds like the crocheting is coming along nicely
x catherine