Followers

Friday, 13 March 2015

Cards for Mother’s Day

Creative time has been lacking this week but I knew today I had to make a couple of Mother’s Day cards for this weekend.   Lacking inspiration was also an issue but I saw a fun video tutorial by Connie Stewart and adapted her card design to suit the occasion.  I love the clean and simple style that Connie uses and how she uses just two strips of cards to make a variety of cards from them.  I love the idea of her flash cards but for UK card sizes you need to adapt the size of the strips to fit across the card which is simple enough.

DSCF4219
I’ve used one of my favourite embossing folders to create a background for the strips to go across.  I’ve also used up some scraps of Summer Starfruit double sided papers for one of the strips and the flowers were cut from that strip of paper on the card – once the piece of card goes on top you don’t see the punch outs.  I did have to use an additional piece of Whisper White cardstock for the sentiment using some stamps that came free with the latest Creative Stamping magazine.  The punches I have used are from SU.  So thankfully I am now ready for Mother’s Day.


It’s been a very productive day today, as well as the cards I have managed to make a cheese and celery loaf, a lentil loaf, carrot and celery soup, ratatouille and a lemon cake.  Time now I think to sit down for a while with a coffee and browse through my crochet book.

I notice I have gained a few new followers - thank you for joining my blog - I hope you like what you see and I will come by and check out your blogs too.

6 comments:

Karen K said...

Lovely Linda, I sadly bought mine.....

Marlene jones said...

Lovely card, and great cooking, good day for you.

Kate said...

Lovely card, Linda. You've been busy in the kitchen .... since we can't have a taste how about the recipes. :D
Happy Mom's Day to you.

Anne said...

Hi again Linda. Great cards. I still have some Summer Star fruit DSP :-) Do you still order from SU? I do cos of ladies that come to craft. It's not a business for me though- bet I don't make anything lol but I enjoy it and can make those quarterly amounts! Not trying to make money - don't want stress! Have lovely weekend.Anne x

Marlene jones said...

I prefer to make and receive simple cards, the over worked ones can look a mess.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely card! Mine was shop bought & to be kept safe until May... but my son made one for me ;)