Followers

Monday, 5 January 2015

Workshop cards and pages made

Yesterday I managed to get the card fronts made at the workshop made into cards.  I've kept them simple and just matted them onto an embossed background piece of card and inked with Distress Inks Milled Lavender and Pumice Stone.  The stamps used for the card fronts were a combination of Clarity, SU and Inkylicious which Andy had brought along.  I've not put any sentiments on the cards so that they can be used for any occasion as the need arises throughout the year.

I also managed to get the pages made ready for my Poster Art Journal - this didn't really involve much apart from some paper folding but it does mean I can now start work on the cover once I have decided which scrap of material I am going to use to decorate part of the cover with.
DH has had to go back to work today, while my weeks leave starts!  Unfortunately hubby's leave year runs from January to December, whereas mine is April to March.  Hubby had leave to use up at the end of the year so had almost two weeks off over the holiday period, unfortunately where I work it is difficult to get time off over Christmas.  Understandably DH didn't want to use up any of this years leave allocation so soon so I have a week off on my own - it will give me plenty of time to do some sortingout without having him under my feet (or seeing just how much stash I have tucked away in my craft cupboards)!



6 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Your card fronts look lovely . Gorgeous colours and butterflies. Hugs Mrs A.

Karen K said...

Wow, these are beautiful, stunning in fact, you will have to show me how to do that one day K xxx

Lesley said...

Your cards are beautiful Linda.As a non card maker/scrap booker I love seeing your skill and imagination in this craft.
Enjoy your week off.

Kate said...

Enjoy your week off. :)

Heli said...

And that way he will never know how much you really do have xx

Julie said...

These are stunning Linda.