Followers

Saturday, 31 January 2015

Very restrained

I was very restrained at the craft show yesterday and bought some items that I thought were essential and just a couple of items that I didn’t need but WANTED.

Essential - I had in mind to get a couple of long storage boxes, one for the wrapping paper rolls that are normally tucked away in our wardrobe but get damaged at the ends – this way they will be kept in perfect condition.  The other box I am going to store my fat quarters and other fabric that I have in.

Essential – red tape – I go through loads of this with my crafting projects.

Essential – Die storage holder and extra folders – for all the Tonic dies I have acquired over the past year or so – will stop them from getting damaged or lost. 
DSCF4159

Non-essential – but loved the idea of this Redwork stitch sampler which when stitched could be finished in numerous ways.

DSCF4160

Non – essential but loved the many card designs that had been created with this range of stamps.  There were so many beautiful samples I just couldn’t resist buying some – especially the tiny pine cones.  Once again I failed to come away from a craft show without buying stamps.  Overall though I think I was very good and exercised a good deal of self restraint as there were lots of tempting goodies at the show.

DSCF4161

Yesterday evening we enjoyed a lovely meal at The Mill on the Exe.  There were lots of tasty dishes on the menu but I decided to go for the Not Quite Fish & Chips, which was Beer Battered Halloumi Cheese, Chips, a variation on Mushy Peas and side salad.  Very, very tasty.

DSCF4157

Today I have spent an enjoyable day at the Exeter Scrapaholix crop – a super bunch of ladies which was added to today with some new ladies attending.  There is always such a warm welcome and I am hoping the new ladies enjoyed themselves and will come back again next month.  I worked on filling the pages of the Tim Holtz portfolio that I decorated at the retreat in October.  I’d printed out various photos from my January takes and put them on tags to slide into the pockets with a main image on the front page of the pocket.  Hopefully I can take some decent photos of it tomorrow to show you.  It will obviously be a work in progress as it will be my 2015 year book.

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Great purchases.I bet you are watching Andy Murray at the moment:-) I am keeping an eye on the match.

Karen Kebby said...

What a lovely time you have had Linda x

Julie said...

I have one of those boxes with my wrapping paper in too, it has a nice tray in it too for scissors and cellotape etc so all in one box when its time to wrap up some goodies.

The food looks delicious.

Mrs A. said...

I thought you did rather well to restrain yourself to just those few goodies especially as you didn't really want or need those reels of red stuff!!. Glad you had an enjoyable time. Meal sounded lovely. hugs Mrs A.

Brigitte said...

It must have been great at the show. I love going to craft shows and I know what you mean with essentilas and needed things, lol.

Heli said...

I thought the show was great, and I think that you were very controlled!! Love the Mill on the Exe, one of our treat places to go.