Followers

Thursday, 8 January 2015

One week on

The Muscari plant is growing really well – I wonder how much longer it will be before it shows us it's first flower.  The plant on the left was given to me as a Mother’s Day present about three years ago.  It’s one of the few indoor plants I haven’t sent to plant heaven.  It started off in a pot smaller than the one the Muscari plants are in and grew so well I split it into two last year – keeping my fingers crossed I wouldn’t kill it.  However both have flourished and will soon need splitting again.  It won’t be long before this one is in flower.
DSCF4073
Hospital appointment with Dad this afternoon.  It’s hard work as Dad can’t hear anything the consultants say so I have to shout to try and get him to hear – not always successfully.  While the outcome wasn’t as Dad had hoped he understands the path he has had to take.  One problem, although not solved understood.  Just waiting to see what will happen with regards to another issue he has now – oh the joys of getting old.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Your plants look very healthy.I usually end up sending any I'm given to plant heaven as you say :-) however I've managed to keep an orchid for three and a half years - a miracle. However my poinsettia I was given for Christmas looks very sad! Anne x

Larisa said...

Linda, your plant is so good and green.. I love it.

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Well done for not killing the plant

No fun getting old is it....

K x

Julie said...

{big hugs} Linda, its so hard as we care for ageing parents and family. I was visiting with my great aunt yesterday (she'll be 90 this year) after she'd had her eyelids sewn up at the sides before they attempt cataract surgery in a month.

Looking forward to seeing your flower on this plant.

Lesley said...

I am all to familiar with sending plants to flower heaven,unfortunately.
I hope your Dad's hospital visit is not to trying for either of you.