Followers

Saturday, 10 January 2015

Into the woods


Into The Woods (film).jpg
I can’t remember the last time hubby and I went to the movies together.  I’ve been a few times with my friend and he went last year with our sons but today we actually got to see a movie together.  I’d seen snippets of the trailer for the movie Into the Woods and so when I saw it was to be released from Friday we decided to go along and check it out.  What I hadn’t realised was that it was a musical, which I don’t mind but was a bit unsure as to whether hubby would enjoy it once they started singing.  However we both really enjoyed it and found it interesting how they linked several fairy tales to make one cohesive story.

As is always the case there were trailers for other movies before ours started and we have already decided we need to do this on a more regular basis.

After the movie we walked to Plymouth Barbican to enjoy some lunch at Quay 33 before heading into the city centre to exchange a pair of slippers for DH and do some essential clothes shopping.

I’ve made a start on the cover for my Poster Art Journal.  I’ve used some Paper Artsy paints for the base coat but think I might go over some of the areas with Twinkling H2O’s to give it a bit of shimmer.  I’ve picked the fabric to go down the spine and will glue that on hopefully this evening.  I’m not sure how I’m going to decorate the front cover yet though.  In the workshop Jenniebellie’s has a few creative suggestions which I might adapt so that I’m not totally copying.
DSCF4076

3 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like a lovely outing, Linda. Do you recommend the movie?

catherine said...

Glad you both enjoyed the film Linda. I must admit to not going to the cinema so much these days as we used too! I have seen the trailers for this one.

Looking good on the journal front and looking forward to seeing what you do with it. have a good weekend
x catherine

Julie said...

I've head really good things about this movie. Glad you and hubby had fun on your date!