Followers

Thursday, 1 January 2015

Happy New Year

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year
DSCF4049
Welcome to 2015 and what a lovely sight to see on my window sill this morning – the Muscari bulbs I had planted just before Christmas have started to pop up from the soil.  While we are still in Winter it does make me think looking at these that Spring will soon be upon us – especially if the rate which December passed us by is anything to go by.

Do you make New Year’s resolutions?  Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t – this year I’m just going to try and become a little more organised.  When the children were small I was very organised but as they grew up and away from home I got a little complacent.  So with fresh determination I will try again to stop leaving everything to the last minute.  I also need to finish all of those projects that I started in 2014 preferably before embarking on too many projects which are just calling out to me all the time.  As I took down the Christmas cards today I was already thinking about this project which I had seen on You Tube - such a lovely way of keeping all those lovely handmade cards we have received.  The shop bought cards will also be upcycled in some way too.

It’s a fairly grey day here in my part of Devon but it didn’t stop me from enjoying my walk with our little Max along the creek, taking time to stop at the branch line bridge and admiring the views over to Cornwall and down river to Calstock – it reminds me of how lucky I am to have such places to walk within a short distance of my own home.  We managed to get home just before it started to rain.

Also this morning I have been making Thank You cards – a wonderful production line was going.  It’s been so long since I have actually sat down for any length of time and just pottered with the copious amounts of stash that I possess.  I’ve kept the cards relatively simple using just a couple of stamps, a die, a punch and scraps of paper.  I am determined to use up those scraps!

We have been invited down to MIL’s for dinner which will be delicious – she is a fabulous cook.  A few drinks and some games to continue with the New Year celebrations will make for a most enjoyable evening.  Have fun as you start off your New Year and I hope 2015 is a good one for you all.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Enjoy your dinner out.
All the best for 2015!

Gillie said...

Oh, what a lovely sight peeping through the soil. Happy New Year from actually not that cold and very sunny Michigan!

Julie said...

I hope 2015 is a wonderful year for you Linda with lots of fun and happy times. Xxx

Anne said...

Hope you had a lovely evening.Happy New Year. Anne x

Mrs A. said...

I wonder what colour your bulbs will be . Keep checking outside but none are poking through the ground yet. I have a couple more Thank you cards to send out as well. Happy Crafty New Year to you. Hugs MrsA.

Christine said...

Happy New Year

catherine said...

Happy new year Linda to you and your family. Hope you had a great night out.
x catherine