Followers

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Go on–treat yourself

Some days you just have to!  Today was one of those days.  I had to drop Max off to the vets this morning to have an operation for an on going problem that he has been having with his scent glands.  It’s always a worrying time so to try and take my mind off it for a while at least I took Mum into town and Mum treated me to this very tasty Turkish Delight muffin and a spiced maple latte.
DSCF4124
I bought the threads I needed to be able to complete the second witch this evening and mum bought herself a couple of paperback books.  It was then time to take Mum to do her food shopping before heading home.

I still needed to keep myself busy so I’d bought another bookcase while we were out and assembled that and then sorted out the books to go in them.  Next up was some general housework before going through more of my crafting stash.

It wasn’t until gone 6 o’clock this evening that I was able to bring Max home – fingers crossed the problem has now been sorted and he will make a speedy recovery but as you can see from this photo he is feeling a little sorry for himself and still a little spaced out from the pain killers.  Lots of cuddles required I think to help him feel better.
DSCF4126

8 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope Max is feeling much better and makes a full recovery!!! At least you got to spend some time out and about and got some things done!! That muffin looks amazing!

Lesley said...

I hope Max is feeling a lot better today,he looks a lovely fellow.

I like the sound of a Turkish Delight Muffin,I think my hubby would choose that particular muffin too.

Karen K said...

Oh Poor Max, glad he is through the operation and get well very soon little furry friend, sending lots of love from Karen, Phillip and his four legged buddy Barney xxxx

Julie said...

Awww poor Max, always a worry when a much loved pet has a trip to the vets .... I hope he is soon good as new and raring to go out for his walks.

YUMMY!!!! that muffin looks delicious....

cucki said...

yummy treat :)
hugs x

catherine said...

It's such a worrying time for us pet owners when they have to have operations. I am glad everything went well and hope Max returns back to normal quickly. glad you had a nice time out with your mum
x catherine

Anne said...

Hello Linda and thank you for visiting
Poor Max hope he's a bit better today and that the op worked. Your muffin and drink looked and sounded delicious! Seems that you have lots going on. Anne x

Brigitte said...

This Turkish Delight muffin is looking like something from paradise to me. It must have tasted delicious ...