Followers

Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Delicate papers and beautiful gift


Paper Artsy currently have a challenge on their blog to use fragile papers.  I’ve had this mannequin for a few months waiting patiently on the top of one of my cupboards, waiting to be altered in some way.  I also came across some lovely pale blue paper which has a handmade feel to it is also embossed while sorting out my papers last week, really pretty.  I’m going to use the petal stamp which I have stamped out quite a few images of this morning before going into work.  Instead of cutting them out I’m going to see if I can go round the edges with a wet paintbrush and see if I can tear round the edges, if that doesn’t work then I will cut them out and adhere them to the bottom half of the mannequin to create a skirt.  For the top half I have fished out some of the tissues papers that I randomly collect in the card sections of garden centres (knowing one day they will come in useful).  Where I will go from there I’m not sure and whether I will get it complete in time to submit to their challenge link remains to be seen, but I’ll give it a go.
DSCF4086
We have some of the most amazing friends and yesterday this fabulous embossed leather journal was waiting for me when I got home from work.  It’s absolutely beautiful.
DSCF4088
Inside there are lots of pages made out of handmade papers ready and just waiting for me to be creative with.  I will be a little apprehensive when I work on the first page as I don’t want to ruin it.  Thank you so much Karen and Phillip – I will treasure it and (as you are hoping) so will my children/grandchildren in years to come.
DSCF4089

7 comments:

Karen K said...

My dear friend, you are most welcome and most deserving, I know you will treasure it and your family will treasure the memories you put inside for them

K x x x

Kate said...

Such a beautiful journal that you received from your friends. I look forward to seeing how you fill the pages. Have fun with the mannequin!

Brigitte said...

What a reat gift you ave received here. I love this kind of journals very much myself.

Julie said...

A beautiful journal, that certainly is a treasure to be gifted with.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the mannequin.

Barbi said...

Oh my goodness that leather journal is gorgeous!!!

Lesley said...

What a wonderful journal.
I am really looking forward to seeing your mannequin adorned.

catherine said...

This looks like a fabulous project you have in mind Linda and will look forward to seeing it when you have finished.
A beautiful journal too and I am sure you will enjoy playing in it
x catherine