Followers

Sunday, 18 January 2015

Cornwall Cottage Sampler SAL

I couldn’t resist joining this SAL with Barbi of Blissfully Stitching and Kati of Threads, Thoughts and Notions.  Living next to Cornwall in the UK was one of the incentives, I also liked the colours of the sampler but most importantly it’s always nice to know you are stitching on the same project as fellow stitchers.  Each week on Sundays we will work on this piece and post our progress on Monday or Tuesday – it will be great to see how each of us progresses. 
DSCF4118
I had to go into work today so I wasn’t able to start work on this until early evening but I am making steady progress.  I’ve used a different colour of fabric to the suggested colour in the instructions as I wanted to use some of the fabric I already have in my stitching stash. 

We had some wonderful news today – our eldest son and daughter in law are expecting another child later in the year – so we are looking forward to grandchild No 5.  It’s very early days so fingers crossed all will go well.  DIL suffered quite badly with morning sickness with their other two children so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this time she can avoid this, especially with having to still cope with Elisha’s diabetes.  But it’s exciting.

5 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Sampler looks a lot of work but well worth the finished project. Look forward to seeing your progress with it.
Congratulations on your news. Hugs Mrs A.

cucki said...

It's a pretty sampler..
Hugs x

Julie said...

Beauitful new SAL design.

Congrats to you all on the wonderful news.

Julie said...

Beauitful new SAL design.

Congrats to you all on the wonderful news.

Karen K said...

It's beautiful Linda and I am sure it will be perfect when it's finished.

Congratulations to David and Vicky on their good news and to you of course.

love k x