Followers

Monday, 19 January 2015

Cornwall Cottage Sampler SAL 1st update

I am really pleased with the amount of stitching I was able to achieve yesterday evening, although it took some getting used to stitching on 32 count again.  The fabric is a limited edition from The Crafty Kitten which I purchased just over 12 months ago.  I had picked out a couple of hand dyed fabrics and placed the threads onto them and asked hubby which he thought went best with them – he chose this one.  At first I wasn’t too sure – the colours of this fabric are shades of blues and lilacs but I’m glad I trusted his judgement as so far I think it works perfectly – fingers crossed I will continue to think so.
DSCF4119
I almost completed the first flower block. I would have liked to have completed it before going to bed but it was getting close to midnight and I was beginning to feel tired and didn’t want to make any mistakes.  My next decision is deciding whether to move along the top or work my way down the side.  I’m already looking forward to stitching on this some more next Sunday.  I wonder how Barbi and Kati have got on with theirs.

11 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

Pretty start!

Barbi said...

I Love love love your fabric colour choice!!! And you got so much done! Yeah!!! We started in different spots. I like it when that happens....I wonder where Kati started? LOL

katica said...

Love your fabric choice!! it looks great!

Christine said...

That is looking lovely, the colours are gorgeous!

Julie said...

You made a great start, I'm going to enjoy watching this one grow.

Kate said...

It's look very pretty thus far, Linda. I'll enjoy seeing the design transpire. 32 count - oh my, have never and will never try that small - kudos to you for using it. Enjoy bringing this design to life. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your SAL piece has such wonderful colours!

Katy said...

Lovely!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous fabric and your hubby has a good eye for colour.What you have stitched so far,looks fab.

Karen K said...

Looking beautiful Linda, you are so dainty with your stitching and so neat

k x

Brigitte said...

A nice start on this beautiful sampler.