Followers

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Birthday Girl

Today it was Margaret's birthday - a milestone birthday.  Moya and myself travelled down to Scrapbook Magic in Mullion to wish her a very Happy Birthday and join in the birthday fun with several other crafting friends.  I feel so very lucky that Margaret and I have become such good friends.

 There was lots of cake and some bubbly too to help celebrate.  Chris's husband had made the most delicious and incredibly light Victoria sponge cake - what a clever man.

This is the card I had made for Margaret, it's a very quirky design which I knew she would like.
And I'd made her this little cross stitched scissor fob and attached a pair of Tim Holtz scissors for her to use solely for fabric.  
Although we were only able to stay a few hours it was lovely to be able to spend time with Margaret on her special day.

This evening we have been crafting at Moya's and I have continued to make good progress on a baby's cardigan I was asked to knit for someone by a friend and work colleague.  I'm trying very hard to get it completed before I go back into work.  



6 comments:

Brigitte said...

Two very lovely gifts for your friend.

Julie said...

Superb card and pretty gift you made for Margaret. How lovely you were able to celebrate in person with here, what a special treat.

Sally said...

Hello

Happy birthday to Margaret - sounds like you enjoyed yourselves!
The card and scissorfob are beautiful x

Kate said...

Lovely gift and card that you made for Margaret. Obviously a lot of thought went into the card. :)

catherine said...

It was lovely Linda that you could go and spend some time with your friend on her birthday. I bet she loved her card and gift.
x catherine

Margaret Bishop said...

It was brilliant that Linda and Moya came all that way jot celebrate with me and the girls. Thank you so much Linda and Moya for you beautiful cards and presents you are both clever ladies xxxx