Followers

Saturday, 3 January 2015

1st Challenge for 2015

I'm hoping this year I will be able to take part in more challenges.  Yesterday I showed you my Yearly Reminder with birthdays and anniversaries on and there were two for January.  As I want to be ahead of the game this year I used the sketch on the Fushions challenge blog to create a birthday card for our friend Neil.  One card down one more to go for this month.

I've kept very much to the sketch and have also managed to just use up papers and card from my scraps box - for how long I can keep this up nobody knows but I will try hard to maintain the momentum!

I managed to pick up the threads I needed for my gift stitch and am now at least halfway through this project.  Now I know I said I was going to not try to start too many new projects this year but as this is a gift I think I can get away with this one.  Of course I still have two more Christmas stockings to make and have picked out the charts for Logan and Savannah's stocking which I hope to kit up over the next week - again I'm not counting these as new projects as they were already in the pipeline from last year LOL.




5 comments:

Kate said...

Lovely card, Linda! it's very satisfying to use up materials that are on hand. :)

Kaisievic said...

I am sure that Neil is going to love his card, it is lovely.

catherine said...

Great start to the new year Linda and a great card.
x catherine

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely card and so creative.

Lyndal said...

FABulous masculine card Linda, great colours too! So glad you joined in the birthday celebrations @ FUSION!