Followers

Monday, 1 December 2014

Let the countdown begin

For many years I have wanted to take part in a December journal such as Shimelle Laine’s Journal Your Christmas or Ali Edwards December Daily but I have either never been organized enough or dedicated enough to do them.  This year I am determined to create my own December journal in my own way using simple pages and my own prompts – I hope to take a photo each day throughout December with something that I want to journal about each day and is relevant to me during the run up to Christmas and the days after.  So todays photo is of two cubes I made which were to be displayed on a stand.  As is often the case I have lots of ideas in my head but never see them through to completion – the stand will be on my list of to do’s for next year!  The cubes are approximately     2 1/2inches square and they open up so that you can put chocolates inside so that the completed project can be used as an advent calendar as well.
DSCF3882
For my December journal I’m using a binder from Stampin’ Up! which I will decorate throughout the month.  It’s roughly 8 x 6 and the pages are similar to those used for Project Life but obviously on a smaller scale.  I’m hoping the simplicity of these types of pages will help me finally complete a journal this year.  Is anyone else doing a December journal this year?
DSCF3883

6 comments:

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a fun idea, Linda, and I love your first page! That must feel awesome to get a start on something that you've been wanting to do for years! I look forward to seeing it progress!! Hugs, Darnell

Julie said...

A lovely idea, looking forward to seeing more ...

Sally said...

Hello Linda

That's a super idea and I will enjoy seeing your journal grow. The cubes are lovely x

Kate said...

Splendid idea, Linda. Your December Journal should be such fun to make and I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses. ^^

Lesley said...

No journal from me,but I am looking forward to seeing yours:-)

My name is Wynneth said...

Great idea Linda, I am ashamed to say that I've never yet completed a journal. I have a couple of SMASH Books partly completed, maybe my resolution for next year should be to complete at least one during the year. There are always so many projects in my head and never enough time !

Luv
Wynneth
X