Followers

Friday, 5 December 2014

Handmade Christmas gifts

Day four of my December journal will contain pictures of handmade Christmas gifts both those that I have received so far and of those that I have made for others.  These are the two lovely presents I received on Wednesday.  Fi had made this lovely felt cone which was filled with chocolates and the cutest felt snowman and Linda had made this beautiful box created with gorgeous Tattered Lace dies – the contents are unknown to me as I will keep the opening of the box until Christmas.
DSCF3910DSCF3913
I haven’t included any photos today of the gifts that I have made as they have not been given to the recipients yet and I don’t want to spoil the surprise but they will be included in my page.

Day five is going to be about Christmas songs.  As I have still not managed to get some more ink for my printer I’m not able to finish off my pages but the simple layouts of the past couple of days mean that it shouldn’t take me too long to catch up.  Fingers crossed I can get my hands on some ink tomorrow.

I am a follower of Helen’s Bustle & Sew website and I also subscribe to her wonderful e-magazine.  Helen recently had an auction for a couple of her Movember Moustache hooped pictures she had made recently in aid of Men’s Health month and I was lucky enough to be the highest bidder.  I picked them up from the sorting office today and they are fabulous and are now on display in our living room.
DSCF3914
Helen is currently have a VERY limited time offer on her blog for a 12 months subscription to her magazine and it also includes a gorgeous Pin Cushion Mouse kit.  I can highly recommend subscribing, the magazine includes wonderful patterns with full and very clear instructions for a variety of stitching projects, recipes, interviews with other designers and so much more –  and such fantastic value for money.   Why not treat yourself to an early Christmas present.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Linda, these are lovely gifts that you received and I especially like the snowman cone. The Movember pieces are adorable.

Sally said...

Oh these presents are lovely!
I love the hoops by Helen - they are great! My hubby always joins in with Movember!
Wishing you a peaceful weekend x

Karen K said...

What a lovely post Linda xxx there is so much talent out there.

K x

Julie said...

Love the felt cone, that's a super idea.
Well done on your bid, they are cute.

Mrs A. said...

That is a lovely cone from fi. I'm busy making little presents to go into a swap box so like you can't show them yet. Hope you have managed to get all your christmas cards made. Hugs Mrs A.