Followers

Sunday, 9 November 2014

Finished–just making up to go.

I have finally finished the cross stitching element of Elisha’s Christmas stocking.  It took a little longer than I had hoped as I ran out of one of the red threads and wasn’t able to go anywhere to buy some more until Friday.  The gold backstitching seemed to take forever but it was certainly worth the effort.  Next week I will search for some backing fabrics for both stockings and hopefully I can make a start on assembling them as proper stockings next weekend.
DSCF3868
I’ll now give myself a break from Christmas stocking stitching now and who knows I might even get back to working on some of my long outstanding WIP’s.  I have lots of Christmas paper crafting projects I need to work on over the coming weeks which will be fun – it’s great to have hobbies to while away the cold winter evenings.

10 comments:

cucki said...

So beautiful my dear
Hugs x

Kate said...

It's a beauty, Linda, well worth all the work.

Lesley said...

That is absolutely gorgeous.Congratulations on your finish.

Karen K said...

It looks gorgeous Linda x such a lovely stocking and will be treasured for years xxx

Sally said...

Hello

Found you through Justine's Blog.
I love this finish, it's so cute!
Hoping you have a good week.

catherine said...

Fabulous Linda and you have made such great progress in finishing this stocking. it looks brilliant
x catherine

Julie said...

WOOHOO .... a wonderful finish, it looks fantastic Linda, well done.
Love the witches hats in the Halloween post below.

Am way behind on blog reading, time just seems to be escaping me at the moment and computer time is just not happening.

Natasha said...

Linda, that is darling!! So fun. Great stitching :)

Brigitte said...

Wow, Linda, it is looking just gorgeous. A great finish!

My name is Wynneth said...

Well done on finishing it Linda, it's been fun to watch the design grow through the year. I'm sure it will be stunning once it's finally finished.

Luv
Wynneth
X