Followers

Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #4–Sketch challenge

The sun is shining brightly in my garden so it felt a bit strange taking a photo of my Christmas card.  The card was made for this weeks Paperbabes sketch challenge.  I’m very pleased as I have made this card using scraps from my stash – I am trying very hard not to buy anymore papers as I have more than enough to make Christmas cards with for quite a few years.  Unfortunately I don’t have the same resolve as far as stamps are concerned and I have used the Bottle Brush Tree stamp set from Paperbabes to make the card with.  I love how you can stamp the tree and then add all the other elements in whatever colours you wish.  I have decided to go with traditional reds. greens and golds for my card.
DSCF3713
September went by in a whirl, hopefully October will be a little more sedate for me.  Having said that I have a scrapbooking retreat to look forward to this weekend and no surprises when I say I haven’t even printed out any photos yet.  When I get back from the retreat we are having a few days away in a holiday cottage in Dorset – hopefully the weather will remain dry and we can get out and about for nice walks with Max.  I have couple of workshops to go to at Scrapbook Magic to see what mischief I can get up to there. 

Dad has a hospital appointment this month when his health situation will be reviewed – I’m not holding out much hope that we will be any further forward as he is still being cared for twice a week by the district nurses for an ongoing problem and we were told they wouldn’t be able to operate until that had cleared up.  Hey ho!

6 comments:

Karen K said...

Lovely card Linda.

If your Dad's other issue hasn't sorted itself out then I would cancel the appointment and explain, save wasting your time and the hospital....

k x

Kate said...

Lovely card, Linda. Enjoy the retreats and your vacation in Dorset.

cucki said...

So sweet x

Mrs A. said...

A lovely card and I like the bottle brush tree very much. Hugs Mrs A.

Julie said...

Having a catch up read after my week away ... hope dad gets some good news at his appointment this month.
Mr Pengiun is growing lovely, he'll be finished in time for the big day...but will mine - seeing as its not started yet lol.
Super cards you've been making and such a pretty gift all the way form Canada, a lovely surprise to come home from work to.

Kerrie-anne Brown said...

such a gorgeous Christmas make love the colours and the stamps you have used

thank you so much for entering the Sketch Challenge at Paperbabe Stmaps Blog

Hugs Kerrie x
Paperbabe DT