Followers

Saturday, 25 October 2014

A productive day

This morning I traded my old Dyson vacuum cleaner in for a more up to date model.  Tesco’s are giving up to £100 trade in regardless of the condition of yours.  I managed to get £80 for my vacuum cleaner which must be at least 15 years old if not older in exchange for one of their newer models.  What a difference the new one has made.

DS2 and I have also been busy picking up plants to add some colour through the winter months and Spring bulbs too.  DH cut back the mass of Michaelmas daisies that we had in one corner of the front garden last week and DS2 had previously chopped down the fir tree that had taken over the space and was making it difficult to park in the drive.  So today DS2 managed to dig up the roots, take out masses of the daisies which we are transferring to the other side of the garden and split up the Agapanthus.  It then just left me to put in the plants we had bought – while it looks a lot tidier than before I still think some more plants are required to fill in some of that open space – any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
DSCF3842DSCF3843
I’ve also manage to put in some more stitches to the stocking.  Today has seen the addition of the the final parcel – the little red one and the start of the final bauble.  I hope to get that bauble finished and put in one more star tomorrow which will only leave the top border and the name.
DSCF3844
I forget to say we also called in Hobbycraft today to pick up some threads I needed to complete the stocking and I am pleased to say I resisted all temptation to add to my other crafting stash.

Now I think its’ time to sit down and catch up on some of the TV programmes I have recorded while enjoying a glass of chilled rose wine.  Enjoy your evening where ever and whatever you are doing.
DSCF3846

2 comments:

catherine said...

Hi Linda - Looks like you have been busy on the horticultural front.
Some more great progress on your stocking and you are good not giving in to temptation at the craft store! Have a lovely weekend
x catherine

cucki said...

Happy day hugs x