Followers

Sunday, 7 September 2014

Trying new things

I found a new range of stamps called Paperbabe stamps which can be bought from Kim’s Etsy shop.  There is also a challenge on the Paperbabes blog and this weeks challenge is a picture/colour inspiration challenge.  The main image on my card I bought as a digital image but can also be bought as a photopolymer stamp and coloured it in with Copics but Kim also sells photopolymer stamps and has also just released some of her digi images onto red rubber – so there really is something for everyone.

The sentiment I have used is one of her photopolymer stamps which has the fancy word Happy, which has more detail on than on my card but I needed to cut it slightly to fit onto my card.  To go with this lovely fancy word there are a variety of other words to make your own sentiment with.

I tried the stamps out with a variety of different inks to see how well they inked up and was very pleased that they came out perfectly each time.  I tried SU inks, Distress Inks, Momento and Archival ink pads and each came out with a nice crisp outline.  The stamps are very reasonably priced and the service was very quick.  I ordered the stamps on Sunday evening and they had arrived by Tuesday morning.  I would highly recommend them and can see some more sets appearing in my home very soon - as if I need anymore stamps!

It’s been a while since I have been inspired to take part in a challenge but these stamps really inspired me – it also means I now have one less Christmas card to make.
DSCF3703

Last week I tried out a new cake recipe.  It’s from a book by Harry Eastwood called Red Velvet and Chocolate Heartache.  The recipes use vegetables instead of some of the traditional ingredients you’d associate with cake making.  The one I made was Coconut Cake with Coconut Icing and it used courgette and it tasted delicious – very sweet and you would never know that courgettes were put into it.  This is fabulous as it now means I can get our youngest son to eat courgettes and he doesn’t even know – I just need to make sure I bake it when he’s not at home.  I took half of the cake into work and my work colleagues also thoroughly enjoyed it too.  I intend to make more cakes from this book in the coming months and said I would take them into work for them to guess which vegetable was used each time.

DSCF3701

8 comments:

cucki said...

The card is so beautiful and cake is looking so yummy :)
Hugs x

Karen K said...

Cake looks wonderful and love the card.

k x

catherine said...

Your card Linda looks fabulous and love the blue. Your cake looks really yummy too! It's good to try new things- I find the mojo in my becomes stale if I stick to the same things. Hope everything is ok with you
x catherine

Kate said...

Such a pretty card and the cake looks yummy!

Julie said...

Clever book,I bet that'll be popular with mums.
Fabulous card!

Tina henderson said...

Congratulations on winning the paperbabe challenge, your card is stunning xx

Lady said...

wonderful winter card...love the design of this "happy"
thanks for join us at Paperbabe Stamps Challenges
cheers

My name is Wynneth said...

Such a pretty card linda and that book sounds interesting, must look for a copy as I'm a huge fan of adding veggies to cake mixes. Let me know if you need a taste tester any time !

Luv
Wynneth
X