Followers

Sunday, 14 September 2014

Happy Together for Paperbabes Challenge #3

The Paberbabes Challenge is in it’s early stages and I was lucky enough to win challenge #2.  I had a 50/50 chance as there were just the two entries so I am hoping that for this challenge more people will begin to hear  of the challenge and take part.  There is a lovely range of stamps available to buy from Paperbabes Etsy shop and I have been tempted again this weekend into yet another purchase.

Onto the challenge this week which is to use flowers on your entry which can be a card, LO, ATC, altered art or anything else you’d like to create.  Kim the owner of the shop and blog does ask that at least one stamped imaged from the Paperbabes stamp range is used.

I have opted to use the Happy word set that I purchased last time.  I’ve stamped out the word Together eight times with clear embossing ink and covered with black embossing powder.  These were punched out using an SU word window punch along with another eight pieces of paper from the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea collection.  These were layered onto a punched out circle to create my flower and finished off with a button.  Further scraps were used to create the stem and the petals.  The large Happy was stamped onto a piece of white cardstock and  embossed with my large spotty embossing folder and  matted onto some green cardstock.  Clean and simple but another card made using up some of my scraps.

DSCF3708

5 comments:

cucki said...

So sweet x

Karen K said...

This is beautiful Linda, you are always so inspiring. Congrats on winning the challenge.

Wish I had some enthusiasm for card making but I just don't anymore.
k x

Karen Petitt said...

So very pretty and congratulations on winning!
You asked about how I made the flower on my entry - it is a die from Cheery Lynn which I wanted for ages and I just love it and am using it a lot right now Karen

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous card linda, made me happy just looking at it !

Luv
Wynneth
X

Chris said...

Such a beautiful card Linda and a great fresh feel to it too with your lovely flower. I love the way you created it and it's such a great way to use the stamp set. Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge and brilliant that you're enjoying it too. Also hoping that the challenge will start to catch on soon, we do love to see the entries. Have a lovely evening. Chris x