Followers

Saturday, 23 August 2014

The present is on it’s way

A little stitching update on the Christmas stocking.  I have been making steady progress on the second Christmas present and this is now almost halfway to completion along with the stitching below the present.  As always I am doing the backstitching as I go and I am also starting to put in some of the gold thread stitching.  I’ve been in to work this morning and it was chaotic – you’d think people would have something better to do over a bank holiday rather than spending it shopping and leaving their prescriptions until the last minute.  However I have been able to enjoy a peaceful few hours in the conservatory stitching this afternoon – DH and DS2 have gone out for the day so it’s been blissful.
DSCF3664
Update on dad – we went up to see the consultant in Bath at the beginning of the week and they have said they can perform the operation on his aneurysm.  Before they can do that though the sore he had in one of his nether regions needs to be completely healed before they can do the operation as they cannot risk cross infection.  So it is very much a waiting game and keeping our fingers crossed that the operation happens before the aneurysm decides to burst.

I enjoyed some crafting time down at Scrapbook Magic again this week, working on some more brag books to go in a bookcase that I have made for them to go in.  I also did the scrapbooking class that Margaret holds each month.  I will hopefully be able to share my bookcase later in the week once I have made just a couple more brag books to fill it up completely – they are really great fun and so easy to make but I wanted them to have somewhere safe to store them.

I hope you enjoy the bank holiday weekend – I’m lucky enough to have the next four days off – yippee!

6 comments:

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
My name is Wynneth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cucki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
catherine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.