Followers

Friday, 8 August 2014

Slow progress

Finally an update of my stitching projects which I know at least one person has been waiting to see.  I’ve made a little progress on the stocking but I am still working on the large present at the bottom right of the stocking.  I ran out of one of the green threads and one of the red threads so had to order them – unfortunately while I was purchasing them the Just Cross Stitch magazine Halloween edition dropped into my basket along with another chart – tut, tut.  There is always temptation when shopping at the Patchwork Rabbit.

DSCF3620
I made a start on Part 2 of the mystery Halloween stitch from The Primitive Hare, but the frog decided to pay me a visit this week and the three letters that I have added were stitched and unpicked twice before I got them in the right place – had that blasted frog not made an appearance the word would have been completed.  Fingers crossed I have now sent him off to his pond where he will hopefully spend many a happy hour.

DSCF3622
I have also been busy paper crafting.  I made this picnic basket from chipboard and the lovely Mother Goose range of papers from Graphic 45.  The original idea came from this tutorial for a jewellery box by Sweet Bio designs but because I was using chipboard and not recycled packaging the lid seem very unstable on the top of the box.  I decided to make the box lid fit on top of the box more snugly and then added the handle to make it look like a picnic basket.
DSCF3605

DSCF3607
I have spent some enjoyable hours down at Scrapbook Magic this week.  On Wednesday morning we had the tag workshop one which I have been doing every month and in the afternoon I did the Brag Book workshop which I couldn’t get to last week but Margaret kindly let me do it this week.

Lots of shift swaps at work recently to either take Dad to hospital appointments or for colleagues at work who wanted days off.  I’ve managed to get a shift swap for Monday 18th August as dad now has a hospital appointment in Bath with the consultant up there who is hopefully going to be doing the operation on his aneurysm.  Fingers crossed after this visit we may finally get a date for the operation.

I’ve also been able to spend some time with our eldest son and his family, including lots of bouncing on their trampoline and making loom band bracelets – we even had Sunday dinner with them last weekend – very tasty.

We had two tonne of gravel delivered just over a week ago which we spent an hour and a half shovelling into the wheelbarrow and taking it from the front drive to the back garden.  It was then another week before we got the time to then shovel the same gravel into it’s final resting place.  We have now almost completed half of the garden but there is still so much to do before it starts to look anything like the picture I have in my head.  When we’ve got the time we haven’t got the money and and when we got the money we haven’t always got the time but we’ll get there one day!

6 comments:

cucki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brigitte said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darnell J Knauss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
catherine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs A. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.