Followers

Sunday, 31 August 2014

Brag book library

I’ve finally got round to taking a photo of the brag bookcase library I have created.  I made my first brag book some weeks ago at Scrapbook Magic and have been making many more so I needed somewhere to store them safely.  So one evening I sat down and took some measurements and made my own bookcase for them to go in using chipboard, cardstock and beautiful Graphic 45 papers.  I thought I’d label each of the brag books with the paper range they came from but I didn’t realise just how many paper pads I had collected so another bookcase was required LOL.  You could squeeze ten books into the bookcase but it doesn’t really allow enough space once the books have been filled with photos and any other embellishments so I have decided to just put eight in each bookcase.  I still have a few more paper pads to use and with the new releases coming out soon I don’t think it will be long before the second bookcase is filled up too.
DSCF3698

Yesterday it was Elisha’s 5th birthday and it was celebrated with a party in their local parish hall.  Two bouncy castles were hired which kept all of the children occupied for the whole duration so a very easy event to go to – if just a little noisy.  We took Logan and Savannah out to join in the fun with their cousins Elisha and Connor.  Elisha is mad on everything about Frozen at the moment and one of the bouncy castles was a Frozen castle (not literally).  As you can see Elisha had her Frozen outfit on with her face painted accordingly.  There was also a beautiful cake with the same theme.  I wasn’t able to take that many photos as they were all moving so fast it was difficult to get anything other than a blur.  On of Elisha’s aunties dressed up as Olaf and made a couple of appearances throughout the party which all of the children loved.  A fun afternoon for everyone – I even got to go on the bouncy castle too – well Savannah wouldn’t go on it at first on her own – any excuse really!
DSCF3689
I somehow have managed to delete lots of comments from previous posts so my apologies to everyone who has been kind enough to leave me comments which are very much appreciated.  I think this is the second time I have hit the wrong button and done this but thank you for visiting me and taking the time to leave comments  I will try very hard not to do it again.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Stunning bookcases you've created.
Frozen is a favourite with my granddaughter too, sounds like a fun afternoon and belated Happy Birthday Wishes to Elisha.

Karen Kebby said...

Beautiful hook cases and happy birthday to Elisha, five already, scary

K x x

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh Linda I just adore your little bookcases, perfect to hold your brag books. I'd love to have a go at making one myself, so if you want to run a workshop, count he in !

Looks like the party went well, love the face painting.

See you when I'm home again.

Luv
Wynneth
X