Followers

Saturday, 24 May 2014

Poppy Power’s first challenge

Believe it or not I am still crafting and I’ve finally got round to making a card for Poppy Power’s first challenge.  I’ve used the lovely Gerbera  Daisies image and opted to use green, yellow and orange from their colour inspiration picture.   There’s also a hint of pink in there as I’d forgotten what the fourth colour was and mistakenly used pink instead of purple/lilac LOL.  There have now been two more challenges put up for this month so I am hoping to get something put together for them as well.

DSCF3385
Last week I managed to complete the wedding invitations I’d been asked to make for our Godsons wedding in November and a wedding card for a work colleagues whose son is getting married in June on the lovely island of Rhodes.  A little bit of cross stitching was also done and I hope to be sharing a finish with you soon.

Yesterday was the 29th anniversary of my 21st birthday and I had a lovely day but I will share photos of that another day.

6 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Stunning card, you are very talented.

Julie said...

Such a beauty, well done.

cucki said...

Sweet x

Lesley said...

Haha,I like the birthday maths. Happy 21+ 29 birthday:-)
I celebrated mine 21+ 35 - 6 years ago:-D
That is a lovely card..I love sunflowers.Looking forward to seeing your stitching.

Leslie Miller said...

I love the color of your daisies, and that bit of pink with them is very pretty! I've always been very fond of a three panel layout, too, and you also used another of my favorites -- embossing. I'm so glad you had a chance to join our first Power Poppy challenge!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Ah ha! I caught that! Happy Belated Anniversary of your Birthday, Linda!! I'm sorry I am late!! That's a milestone and I can't wait to see photos!

Your sunflower card is just gorgeous!! Hugs, Darnell