Followers

Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Slowly, but surely

It’s been a fairly quiet month for crafting.  I have been to a couple of workshops at Scrapbook Magic and will endeavour to post photos of the projects later in the week.  I did make Easter treats for my work colleagues.  I’ve done very little stitching though since the end of March but finally picked up my needles and thread at the weekend in between celebrating Easter and our eldest son’s birthday which fell on Easter Sunday.  Here is where Yiota’s landscape was left way back in the middle of March.
DSCF3069
Easter Monday I was able to spend a few hours in the warmth of the conservatory and put quite a few stitches in.
DSCF3181
And yesterday evening I managed to get two hours worth of stitching in although there was a lot of colour changes so it doesn’t look as though much time was spent on it at all.  I will be taking this away with me next week on our holiday cottage break so fingers crossed I am hoping to finally finish the top page while we are away.
DSCF3185
I have also ordered the next chart in the My Garden Journal series from  The Patchwork Rabbit which will hopefully arrive tomorrow.  I am hoping that I will have the required threads to stitch this one as I would like to take it away with me for our train trip weekend.  We are going on The Golden Arrow train trip as part of our 30th wedding anniversary celebrations – so looking forward to this as I love steam trains, while hubby prefers diesel so the best of both for us.  The train starts at Derby so we will be travelling up on the Friday so the Garden Journal series will be a great one to stitch while on the trains to and from Derby.  As it's a milestone anniversary we splashed out and treated ourselves to the Pullman Dining so plenty of opportunities to raise a glass and wish each other a Happy Anniversary.

8 comments:

cucki said...

Wow it's looking so beautiful x

Kate said...

Sounds like a wonderful anniversary celebration that you're going to have! Congratulations on 30 years together!! Your Yiota Landscape is coming along quite nicely and looks lovely.

Anne said...

Lovely update!

My name is Wynneth said...

We'll done on finding time to fit in some stitching Linda as it sounds like a busy weekend for you ! Your cottage break and the fabulous train journeys will give you plenty to look forward to. What a great idea to mark your milestone anniversary with such a fabulous experience.

We enjoying the Nevada sunshine still.

Luv
Antie Brenda
W
X

Anne said...

Your Anniversary celebrations sound wonderful. You must wave to me when you pass end route to Derby. We are often going that way as well when we go to visit our son in Yorkshire. Many Congratulations. Anne x

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both, what a special treat, you'll have a wonderful time aboard and such fun too.

Have a wonderful holiday next week too, hope the weather behaves for you. xxx

Lesley said...

Lovely stitching,so colourful.Congratulations on your 30th Wedding Anniversary.

Mrs A. said...

This is coming along nicely. hope you have been able to get some more done whilst away. Hugs Mrs A.